News ticker
  • Welcome to VOPunjab - Veterinary Officers Punjab
  • PSVOA is fighting against all injustice to VOs.
  • PSVOA has collaborated with JAC on demand of 2020 batch to fight for parity.
  • Follow us on Facebook and twitter as well for latest news and updates.
  • VOPunjab News :

Welcom to VOPunjab - Veterinary Officers Punjab

Welcome to VOPunjab, Some of the content of this website is protected and can only be accessed by members, please register/login to see protected content, post/start new topics, reply and download files.

To Register / Login click on "Sign In" / "Create Account" on top right of the page, or you can alternately log-in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google, MSN, Instagram, or Open ID

New salary structure including various allowances.

VOPunjab

New salary structure including various allowances.

PAY SCALE : Rs. 15600-39100 +5400 Grade Pay (Revised Pay Scale)

+ 51% DA + 10-15% HRA(city) or 8% RAA(rural) + 5% RFA + 500 Med.A + 500 (m.A)

+ 25% (of basic) NPA ((as n when applicable) currently unavailable )

Apart from above a few were announced but not implemented yet like convenience allowance.

NOTE : ( HRA is not applicable in RVOs for time being and instead RAA will be given )

In short basic salary + 64-67(65)% in allowances + Rs 1000

Starting salary (basic, incl. grade pay) - 21000 with increments at 4,9,14 yr of service apart from annual increments and max upto 44500

Starting Salary In hand : 35650 and 40900 (with NPA) with max. of 84550 (incl. NPA) . +/- If any other allowances introduced by Govt.

[ Standard CPF and Advanced Tax (not TDS) deductions to above apply]

Apart from above Contributory Pension (CPF) will be available.

As per the scheme, all employees will have to make a contribution of 10 per cent of their basic plus DA and an equal contribution would be made by the Govt.

DA - Dearness Allowance

HRA - House Rent Allowance (city)

RAA - Rural Area Allowance (rural)

RFA - Rent Free Allowance

Med.A - Medical allowance

ma - mobile allowance

Yup confirmed. It says following ,, 'as is',,

" The Administration has adopted the New Defined Contributory Pension Scheme (by an amendment in Punjab Civil Services Rules) in respect to the new entrants. The scheme will be applicable to all government employees who joined service on or after January 1, 2004. The scheme will work on defined contribution basis and will have two tiers - Tier I and II.

Employees will have to make mandatory contribution to Tier I, whereas Tier II will be optional and at the discretion of the employee.

As per the scheme, all employees will have to make a contribution of 10 per cent of their basic plus DA and an equal contribution would be made by the government.

The contribution made in Tier I will be non-withdrawable while Tier II will be kept in a separate account that can be withdrawn at the discretion of the employee and no contribution will be made by the government to the Tier II account.

Recoveries towards Tier I contribution will start one month after the joining date of the employee. A central record keeping agency will implement the scheme.

A government employee who has a Tier I account will have to invest 40 per cent of the pension wealth to purchase an annuity from an IRDA regulated life insurance company after attaining the retirement age, which will provide for pension for the lifetime of the employee and his dependent parents/spouse.

In case the employee leaves the scheme before attaining the retirement age, the mandatory annuitisation would be 80 per cent of the pension wealth.

The scheme of voluntary contributions under Tier II will not be made operative during the period of interim arrangement and therefore, no recoveries will be made from salaries of the employees on this account.

"

• 2 months later...

Hello Doctors.

Congratulations to all of us.

I just wanted to clear one thing that........if The NPA is considered as a part of basic while calculating other allowances (Except DA). Because As per my knowledge this is what the health department is following!

If this is correct then our starting pay Including NPA(with God's grace) would be above 45,000/-per month.

Please find out something on this Issue......!!!

@ Dr. Anil : Yes it adds to Basic. but only DA is calculated on basis of this. (this you got wrong). Rest all allowances are based on actual basic.

In simple words :

Apparent basic for DA = (Actual basic + Grade pay + NPA )

Apparent basic for other allowances = (Actual basic + Grade pay)

[the same is confirmed officially]

The above calculations were calculated when NPA was not announced for us and therefore are based on low Basic salary (excluding NPA). The Actual that we may (If by God's grace we're blessed with NPA) be getting will definately be 43-45k

Click here for details